- This event has passed.
LEVEL 5 COPD – 12 Week Course [For Pharmacists]
January 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm£150.00
COPD Level 5 Open College Network (OCN) NI accredited.
12 Credit Value.
100 Guided Learning Hours.
Unit purpose and aim(s): This unit will enable the learner to understand what Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is, its diagnosis and treatment as per the most up to date evidence practice based protocol.
- Understand the underlying pathophysiology and disease aetiology of COPD
- Understand the key elements in making a COPD diagnosis
- Understand the components of holistic assessment for the COPD patient
- Be able demonstrate the correct use of inhalers
- Be able to recommend effective pharmacological management of COPD based on current symptoms and future risk
- Understand non-pharmacological management
- Understand the criteria when to refer to Secondary care
For all registered Healthcare professionals caring for asthma patients in the primary, secondary or community care setting.
Mode of Delivery:
This 12-week course comprises of:
- Four compulsory days – 3 full days – delivered either via ZOOM or face to face (post COVID-19) and 1 Assessment day
- 1 additional non-compulsory evening will also be offered
- In order to gain OCN NI accreditation – written, practical and e-learning assessments must be successfully achieved
- Completion of an Online module and aligned MCQ.
- Two reflective case studies – one at four weeks and the second at week 12. These will ask the learner to critically analyse an aspect of care that was historically provided, identifying areas for improvement as per relevant guidelines
- On the assessment day:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Four short answer questions – where the learner will be asked to answer two
- Practical assessment – Accurate demonstration of two inhaler devices selected by the assessor
- The completion of an active practice protocol is mandatory for both asthma and COPD
This course is covered over the following dates:
- Day 1 – Tuesday 11th January 2022 – 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Compulsory)
- Day 2 – Tuesday 25th January 2022 – 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Compulsory)
- Day 3 – Tuesday 8th February 2022 – 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Compulsory)
- Exam Day – 29th, 30th and 31st March 2022
Registration from 8:30AM.