- This event has passed.
SPONSORED: Certified Asthma Update Study Day
2nd April 2019 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
To book this sponsored event please RSVP using the button below.
If you have any further queries please email [email protected]
9:15: Welcome and Introduction
9:20: Setting the scene – How serious is asthma?
9:45: “So what is asthma?” – the latest thinking on the phenotyping of asthma 10:15: The scale of the problem
10:30: Confirming an accurate diagnosis of asthma – using subjective assessments tools
- Taking a thorough history
- Conducting an Asthma Control Test – ACT
- Assessing Symptoms
- Identifying Triggers
11:30: Confirming an accurate diagnosis of asthma continued- using objective assessments tools
- Spirometry – how relevant in asthma
- Peak flows – what are their true value
- FeNO – demystify the results
- Haematology – looking at the eosinophil count – truth or myth
- Physical Examination – including chest auscultation
- Practical Session
14:00: Managing asthma – personalised management strategies
14:30: Case Studies
15:15: Tea & Coffee.
15:30: Case Studies
17:00: Recap, Questions and Close